After cutting my Pattern, I showed how I made the Fronts, with their six welted pockets; and then the Back, with its complex pleated arrangement.
Finally, I had to hand-stitch all the jute piping on around the edges, which I did over Christmas, and now at last it is finished!
I’ve taken some side-by-side photos to compare how the test is looking and hanging.
The fronts have come out very well – I’m happy with those. Working with the embroidered curtain fabric wasn’t as bad as I had feared, which was a relief.
The back has come out quite well too, though I need to pay a little more attention tot he straps, which need to be a tad longer and not as wide. Otherwise all good.
Looking closer at the front pockets, I got their positioning, angle and design pretty good.
I had not done the style of welt on the top pocket before, so I need a little more practice on that.
My only problem now is finding the right type and design of fabric to use for the fronts. That’s the hard part!